Hello Fellow Legionnaires,
It has been my privilege to serve as Commander of Post 272 for the past two years. In that time our Post continued to prosper financially, and as an important and active member in our community. We have also grown our membership in all facets of the organization, again reaching 100% as an American Legion Family for 2016.
I want to thank all of the Officers and Members of the Post who have supported me during my term as Commander. It is because of the effort of many outstanding men and women that our Post is recognized among the best on Pennsylvania.
Improvements to Our Post continue and we are able to support the Four Pillars even more effectively as each quarter goes by. Stop by and see the changes for yourself.
Some of our accomplishments of the past two years:
- Continue to maintain excellent financial health.
- Continue to invest in our people, facility and equipment.
- Grow our membership. We have exceeded 100% during the past two years.
- Increase the amount of donations we make to Veterans Charities, Youth, and community activities.
- Increased efforts to honor Legion Members for their service and dedication, Students for their academic performance, our Legion Baseball Team for their Championship season, and our employees for their hard work.
Remember; Our regular Legion Meeting is held the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Post Banquet Hall. Please join us and gain a better understanding of Post and Affiliate activities, and maybe be inspired to continue your service to our great country through American Legion Activities.
I am proud to be a member of Post 272, and am honored to have been the Commander of such a fantastic organization. I'm committed to keeping our Post moving forward, and I hope you are also.
In addition to Canteen Manager, Grant Kyler, who along with Chef Mike, has made our food service and canteen operation a hit, profitabiliy of the Home Association has been a focus of the Leadership Team this year. We have hired Tina Klobetanz to manage the financial aspect of the business. If you haven’t tried Sunday Brunch, or visited the Canteen or Smoke-free dining room for a steak or one of the daily specials, you don’t know what you’re missing. Great work by Grant and his entire staff.
Still Serving Post 272, Veterans, and America;