22 Aug 17
Hello and thank you for your trust and confidence. I'm looking forward to an exciting year as Post Commander. We have a great American Legion and we need to let the world know about us.
I grew up in Harrisburg. I've lived in Linglestown since retiring from the Army in 1994. As a Warrant Officer, I flew attack helicopters for most of my career. I spent my years in a sleeping bag, always at the Division level. I liked it that way. I'm married to my best friend Terri and we have a wonderful son, Mathew who is married to Courtney and they've given us a wonderfull grandson named Carter.
My guiding principle for 2017-18 will be “For God and Country We Associate Ourselves Together”. This statement will manifest itself in our actions. I know with 1500 members of our family, someone out there is in need of support for their life and passions. We must recognize those opportunities for help. I would dearly love to have someone step up to fill the position of Post Service Officer. The VA Hospital in Lebanon and Legion Baseball will continue to be a priority for support. Our 100th anniversary will also be a priority with me.
- All Hands on Deck Day, 22 Jul, was a huge success with 36 of our Legion Family present ranging in age from 14 to 94.
- The post van was purchased. I’m working with Stoner Graphics for a final quote. I’ll keep ya’ll updated on that process. I thank Sons Commander Tom Wolfe for his support in gaining a $10,000 donation to our post from UPS.
- Lower Paxton Night Out for Safety was also a huge success. 15 members of our Legion Family were present and worked hard. Approximately 10 new Legionnaires were registered.
- A membership work party was held on 8 Aug. Once again, turn out was wonderful and appreciated with over 400 memberships mailed or completed.
- I continue to work on the PA Department of the American Legion 100th Anniversary Committee. We conduct monthly meetings and are preparing for two years of celebration.
- I deeply appreciate the guidance of Past Commanders Marshall and Greg. These two Legionnaires provide a small team of personal guides for my role as Commander. It’s a sign of strength of our Post that we have this small team of 3.
Yours in Continued Service,