Home Association Happenings!
Home Association By-Laws Revision: 2/11/2016
1st Vice President Report 5/21/2023
Home Assn and Post News:
- The AC in the building is in dire need of repair and estimated cost will be $2,868.
- New Hires:
- Jade Markel – server/bartender
- Katherine Krupski – server/bartender
- Fiona Criswell – server/bartender
- Erica Hodges – server/bartender
- Floor expense was $9,100 and plumbing costs were $2,000. The glass dishwasher hasn’t been received as yet. May have to cancel and find a new vendor.
- Home Association donation to the Legion $26,036
- April Downing gave a presentation on NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) not just for Veterans. Dial 988 for mental health help
- Annual Flag Day Round Up and Chili Cook off – Duane McCullough will need votes for his chili entry, June 11th, at 11 am at Department Headquarters in Wormleysburg
- 54 families were given boxes yesterday for Military Share
- Honor Guard has been busy. They are looking for more people, you do not need to be a veteran to be in the Honor Guard
- June 3rd from 10-1 is a walk around City Island
- The House Rules have been revised, they will be reviewed and then posted for 30 days in the canteen
- Independence Day Weekend cards on table
- Harrisburg Veteran Center June 24th 5k run/walk for PTSD Awareness
- Software/Hardware has been approved
- Nominations have been made and closed
- Legion Commander – Adrienne O’Brien
- 1st Vice – Larry Oates
- 2nd Vice – Lauren Volz
- Adjutant – Michelle Zandome
- Finance – Mike Volz
- Home Assn. President – Bill Leaman
- 1st Vice – Tom Wasula (sp)
- 2nd Vice – Lee Lippi
- Secretary – Lauren Volz
- Treasurer – Lee Rung
- Flag placement meet Thursday, May 25th at 10 am in Shoop’s cemetery. Once done with that cemetery we will move to Resurrection Cemetery. Rain date May 26th.
- June 5th Veteran Outreach Tiny Homes groundbreaking, leaving the Post at 10:15 am. Wear our stars and bars shirts.
- We currently have 16 WWII Veteran members